Atlanta Information Packet for Attendees
District 6450 and 6440 'base' is at at the Hyatt - Atlanta, two blocks from Convention Center
Districts 6420, 6440 and 6450 are getting together for breakfast on Sunday the 11th at the Hyatt Hotel.
Zones 28 & 29 Are Holding a Party on Sunday evening.
Registration is separate from Convention Registration and Host Committee.
It’s your chance to connect with Rotary members from around the world. You’ll build new relationships and exchange ideas across cultures. You’ll also be able to:
1. Meet the most inspiring people in the world
Rotary members from more than 130 countries meet at the convention every year. This is your unique opportunity to connect with old friends, make new ones, and share stories about your club’s current and future projects.
2. Strengthen your club and your passion for Rotary
The general sessions and breakout sessions offer countless ways to help you get the most from your Rotary membership and make your club stronger. In the House of Friendship, you’ll find new ideas, learn best practices, and share project successes — it’s where the Rotary world comes together!
3. Join The Rotary Foundation celebration
The culmination of a yearlong celebration of the Foundation’s centennial takes place in the city where it all began. Join the festivities at The Rotary Foundation’s 100th Birthday Party. Attend a book signing and meet the author of “Doing Good in the World: The Inspiring Story of The Rotary Foundation’s First 100 Years.” See all the activities we have planned.
4. Explore the American South
Bask in the sun on the Atlantic and Gulf shores. Test your game at some of the world’s most celebrated golf courses. Experience the magic of Florida’s Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World.
Explore the natural wonders of the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Step back in time at Colonial Williamsburg. Sample the sophisticated charms of New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston.Learn more
5. Enjoy special tours and events offered by the Host Organization Committee
Watch for more information about special activities like Restaurant Night, Host Hospitality Night, and a screening of "Gone With the Wind" at the historic Fox Theatre. Visit the Host Organization Committee site to find more activities.
- CONVENTION TIPS:
- If this is your first International Convention, you may want to consider attending the “Orientation for first-time convention attendees” on Saturday, June 10th from 3:00 to 4:00 PM
- The House of Friendship will have over 300 booths to explore AND it’s a convenient location for mid-day ‘meet ups’ with others, check your email and have a snack/lunch; plus explore.
- Districts 6420, 6440 and 6450 are getting together for breakfast on Sunday the 11th at the Hyatt Hotel. Click on link to make a reservation: Atlanta Breakfast at Hyatt with Districts 6420, 6440, 6450
- Zones 28 & 29 Are Holding a Party on Sunday evening.
- The Paul and Jean Harris Home Foundation will have a booth in the House of Friendship - booth number 2528; always a great place to congregate; located in the center of the hall across from the 2018 Convention Promotion Booth and Sign up
- While at the convention is a great time to research the Convention in Toronto for 2018; and normally a substantial discount to register early.
- If current Club President, you may want to sign up for the President’s Recognition Luncheon on Monday
- If incoming Club President, consider going to the President Elect’s Leadership Luncheon on Tuesday
- If you belong to one of the Rotary Fellowships i.e. Yachting, Motorcycling, Wine, Beer, etc. check your fellowship newsletter for special gatherings during the convention.
Registration is separate from Convention Registration and Host Committee. Click on link to make a reservation: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE PARTY
Restaurants in the Hyatt Regency-Atlanta Hotel, where over 90 district Rotarians and spouses are staying.:
POLARIS – Rotating restaurant and lounge atop the hotel
SWAY Restaurant – special Rotary price for breakfast buffet
Twenty-Two Storys Atlanta, in Atrium Lobby – a Gastropub specializing in Georgia beers
Market – Starbucks, sandwiches, etc. in the Lobby